Note: This article only applies to users of the public npm registry.
If you need to install and publish private packages, you can upgrade to a paid user account plan. Our paid user account plan costs . For more information, see the “npm account” column on our pricing page.
Note: Your paid plan and billing cycle will start when you submit your credit card information, and you will be charged for the first month immediately.
- Log in to npm with your user account.
- In the upper right corner of the page, click your profile picture, then click Billing Info.
- Under “change plan”, click Upgrade Plan ($7/User).
- Under “Want to upgrade?”, click Enable Private Publishing for $7/mo.
- In the billing information dialog box, type billing information:
- Email: the email address associated with your credit card
- Name: the name on the credit card used to pay for your user account plan
- Street, City, ZIP Code, Country: the billing address associated with the credit card used to pay for the user account plan
- Click Payment Info.
- In the credit card information dialog box, type credit card information:
- Card number
- MM / YY: the month and year of the card expiration date
- CVC: the three-digit code on the credit card
- To save your credit card information for other payments on npm, select “Remember me”.
- Click Pay $7.00.